The Pequot Lakes school district offers school age child care services to children from Kindergarten through 6th grade. Students in this age group enjoy being able to spend play time with their school peers. Kid Konnection has been open to students since 1999. For over 15 years families have been able to enroll their children in this safe, supervised child care program. There are many features of Kid Konnection as a school aged child care program that make it a GREAT choice for children and families.
- Kid Konnection staff are trained para professionals within the school district.
- The Kid Konnection staff are trained in First Aid, CPR and Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) strategies.
- Kid Konnection program operates with a child to adult ratio of 10 children to one staff member.
- The Kid Konnection program offers a variety of age appropriate activities to meet the developmental needs of school age children. The regular schedule offers physical / large motor activity, social skills, cognitive skills / homework help, science or cooking activities, arts / crafts projects and dramatic play activity.
- The summer Kid Konnection program utilizes enrichment lessons to work on retention of grade appropriate school skills in order to avoid the summer back sliding on school skills.
- Kid Konnection is housed at Eagle View elementary school. The facility is a child safe environment that offers clean, bright and spacious areas for the variety of activities, including use of the gym, the playground, the science classroom, the Kid Konnection classroom and the computer lab.
- Kid Konnection takes place in a convenient location at the Eagle View elementary school. The use of the school space means students do not have to be transported during the school year to their child care program. In the summer many of the Community Education enrichment classes are scheduled at Eagle View. Students can be walked from their summer camp activity to Kid Konnection or from the Kid Konnection program to their summer activity in the building. Students who attend summer school can enroll in Kid Konnection, too. Bussing to Kid Konnection is available for 5th and 6th grades students.
- Program hours are convenient for families. The program opens at 7:00 am and is open until 6:00 pm. A family can select the number of hours of child care that they need for their child or children. The child care fees are based on half or full days of child care service. Families can also enroll their child for care only on the days when child care is needed. There are no minimum number of days required. Summer hours begin on Wednesday, June 4th.
- Kid Konnection offers a family a 15% discount for a second child attending the program. The discount can be helpful to families in balancing the costs of child care services.
- Kid Konnection has frequent community field trip activities in the summer program.
Call 218 -562-6109 for more information on the Kid Konnection program. Registration forms can be completed on the Pequot Lakes school district website. Go to pequotlakes.k12.mn.us
then select Community Education, next choose Kid Konnection, then go to Registration form. Registration forms are available at the Kid Konnection office located at Eagle View elementary school.
Make Kid Konnection your kid tested, parent approved choice for summer child care because it is fun, friendly and family focused to serve your child care needs.